Thursday, March 24, 2011

First Look: Facebook on BlackBerry PlayBook Web Browser - Allows Facebook Chat and Uploading of Photos from Camera App!



I have had quite a few opportunities to go briefly hands-on with the BlackBerry PlayBook now, but for some reason always forget to login to Facebook and see what it loads like on the PlayBook's webkit browser. This time I remembered, and as you'll see in the video above recoreded at CTIA 2011 it really is the FULL Facebook.com that loads. We're talking Facebook Chat and everything.

I didn't have too much time to spend on the device, but I did want to test out one thing in particular to see how the PlayBook handled it and was pleasantly surprised. On the Facebook homepage (within the web browser), I was able to use the share photo functionality flawlessly... when choosing to upload a photo, the PlayBook pulls up a file browser (photos, movies, music) and allowed me to choose which photo I wanted to share. Nice!

I'll be curious to see what happens with Facebook on the BlackBerry PlayBook over time. The full experience is definitely a little tight on the 7" PlayBook, but I don't think there's any sort of application planned at this time as there is a Facebook app on BlackBerry Smartphones. On a device like the iPad you get a bit of a toned-down/optimized version of Facebook which reduces some of the clutter, but also lacks some of the features. The PlayBook's web browser is definitely powerful, but I'm sure there's a blurry line that in some cases it'll be better to use the web browser to serve up content, while in other cases an app could make for a better experience. Be sure to check out the video above!

Sumber :Crackberry

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites